Are you ready for Better Hearing & Speech Month?
By: Raymond Smith, Account Marketing Specialist
It’s that time of year when the sounds of spring fill the air – whether that’s a crack of thunder, the cheers at a baseball game or the laughter at a family picnic, or even the noise from your neighbor’s lawnmower! While some of these sounds may be more beautiful than others, they all connect us to life and remind us of the vital role our hearing plays in experiencing the world around us.
It’s no surprise that May is also Better Hearing and Speech Month. This is a great opportunity to bring attention to the importance of better hearing. Here are some tips to raise awareness and get the message out. Be sure to make these part of your marketing plan!
- Think digital and update your social media. Use this time of year to highlight how hearing well helps us be socially active, connect with others and communicate effectively. Encourage your followers to ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ your posts to amplify your message. Helpful social media posts and images are available in our Marketing Communication Kit.
- Send an email newsletter to your current patients reminding them of the importance of hearing and asking them to refer family and friends to spread the joy of hearing well.
- Include a short message about May is Better Hearing and Speech Month in your front desk phone or voicemail greeting.
- Connect with your community. Issue a press release to your local news outlets introducing yourself as a local hearing expert.
- Consider offering a free hearing screening at your practice or directing potential patients to the online hearing screener on your website. Adding a QR code to your traditional print marketing is a great way to easily connect consumers to your screener and increase traffic to your website.
Check out our Better Hearing and Speech Month Marketing Communications Kit for content that you can use to communicate the importance of hearing well.
Promoting the value of better hearing doesn’t end on May 31st. It is part of your – and our – ongoing mission to help create a world where everyone enjoys the delight of hearing. Reach out to your Account Marketing Specialist or firstname.lastname@example.org to add May is Better Hearing and Speech Month to your marketing plan and to continue your marketing strategy throughout the year.
Raymond joined Sonova in 2018. He enjoys working with hearing care providers to help them meet their marketing goals and bring better hearing to their patients and communities.