Community Outreach – A Gift of Hearing Program
By: Raymond Smith, Account Marketing Specialist, at Phonak
Although the calendar stills says summer, you know the end-of-year holidays will be here soon. As thoughts turn from swimming and popsicles toward thankfulness and the spirit of giving, now is the time to start planning how to show that your practice is a philanthropic partner with your community.
A Gift of Hearing program can be a valuable addition to your marketing plan and practice branding strategy. By joining up with a non-profit organization in your area, you can help shape your public image by providing a pair of hearing aids to someone in need. The process is simple: encourage members of the community to nominate someone with a short essay, and then select a recipient based on need and the opportunity to make an impact.
And of course, you’ll want to let everyone know what you’re doing this holiday season and that you’re excited to share your passion for better hearing and giving back to the community.
- Build excitement by mentioning your Gift of Hearing program in your direct mail and database communications.
- Add a message to your website and send an email to your patients asking them to nominate someone.
- Post on social media. Facebook is a great way to get the message out, but don’t forget about your professional and physician network on LinkedIn!
- And while social media marketing is important, sending a press release to your local media outlets is never a bad idea.
- Your local chamber of commerce can help promote this, too, by including it on their website and their holiday marketing.
Phonak can provide tools to structure your program and help make it a success. Reach out to your Account Marketing Specialist to get started and help give one person in the community the gift of hearing with a new pair of hearing aids.
Raymond joined Sonova in 2018. He enjoys working with hearing care providers to help them meet their marketing goals and bring better hearing to their patients and communities.