It’s time to deliver an exceptional patient experience
When it comes to hearing healthcare, patients today have access to abundant information, multiple options for treating their hearing loss, and expect an exceptional patient experience.
In my 20 years in the hearing healthcare industry, I have never met a provider who claims to have provided a terrible patient experience. And yet, I am sure you can think of at least 1 patient you have acquired because they had a negative experience at another practice. In fact, findings from a Phonak Audiology Research Center (PARC) 2018 focus group showed 9 out of 12 patients had a negative experience with their hearing healthcare provider. While their individual experiences varied, they fell clearly into two categories:
- Their provider took a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach. They felt that their provider did not take the time to get to know them or understand their unique hearing challenges and that the recommendation was not customized to their needs.
- Their provider recommended expensive premium technology. They felt that the level of patient care and the patient experience attached to that care did not justify spending the recommended amount of money. They felt that they could get the same level of care for less money elsewhere.
Ready to provide an exceptional patient experience?
Show your patients you C.A.R.E. by:
- Putting the patient front and center with every interaction
- Showing you are listening and earning their trust
- Recognizing their unique needs and point of view about their hearing loss
- Understanding how it impacts them and their loved ones
- Making the right recommendation to meet their hearing healthcare needs
C.A.R.E. provider training is tailored to hearing care professionals and designed to enhance what providers already do so well by sharing a process that will get more patients to accept treatment for their hearing loss. Providers will review establishing trust, demonstrating need through motivational interviewing, and creating value in their recommendations to patients.
C.A.R.E. is a self-paced program through the Phonak learning management system (LMS) available to Gold & Platinum level members. We provide 45-day access to five eLearning modules and the C.A.R.E. participant guide for an unlimited number of registered participants from your practice.
For Better Hearing & Speech month, we want to help you get more patients to accept treatment for their hearing loss. During the month of May, C.A.R.E is available 50% off.
For additional information about C.A.R.E. Provider Training Program, visit the Inner Circle Dashboard “Marketing and Business Services” tab. Search ‘CARE’ add to your shopping cart, & check out for a free, no obligation consultation.
Laurie Daley is a Senior Practice Services Manager at Sonova. Prior to joining Phonak in 2012, Laurie practiced as a clinical audiologist in central Massachusetts. As part of the Phonak outside sales team, she has shared her passion for helping patients on their journey to better hearing, with her customers and the team she led as Region Director. In her current role, Laurie continues to work with hearing healthcare providers to deliver an exceptional patient experience, and to thrive & grow in an ever-evolving industry.